On May 21, 2010, Lt. Colonel John R. “Rick” Brown was Honorably Discharged after completing over 29 years of service with the Pennsylvania State Police and launched his own business, Transparency Matters®, LLC located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. Learn more...
Transparency Matters®, LLC specializes in the following areas:
- Understanding internal affairs processes.
- Technology for internal affairs case tracking.
- Obstacles to complete and thorough investigations.
- Timeliness and fairness of findings.
- Closing cases/notifying officers and complainants.
- Relationship with criminal investigations, Miranda and Garrity (Administrative) issues.
- Policies, procedures, training requirements.
- Handling high profile incidents.
- Early warning systems - proactive prevention.
- Collective bargaining agreements (Act 111) and arbitration award issues.
- Civil litigation strategies.
Mission & Ethics Statement:
- Transparency Matters®, LLC will assist law enforcement agencies maintain or restore public trust through proactive and ethical risk management strategies and services.
- Transparency Matters®, LLC will embrace an attitude of service to its clients and their communities.
- Transparency Matters®, LLC will see business opportunity not through the eyes of self-interest but for the benefit of the law enforcement profession and their respective communities.
- Transparency Matters®, LLC will be guided in decision making by ensuring citizens will be treated with consideration, compassion, dignity, and respect regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or station in life.
- Transparency Matters®, LLC will provide its services with integrity, diligence, leadership and innovation.
- Transparency matters®, LLC will dedicate a percentage of its profits to financial aid programs for children with little or no financial resources in impoverished or socially/economically disadvantaged regions of the world.
- Transparency Matters®, LLC will not discriminate against anyone in anyway.
- Transparency Matters®, LLC when hiring qualified subcontractors will require compliance with a code of conduct and sign a confidentiality agreement.
FBI National Academy Associates, Graduate of the 211th FBI National Academy Class
Delta Mu Delta, International Honor Society in Business Administration
Member of the IACP Advisory Committee on Linking Local Law Enforcement Internal Affairs Practices and Community Trust Building
Member of the IACP Advisory Committee on Employing Returning Combat Veterans as Police Officers
Member of the IACP Advisory Committee on Police Response to Persons with Mental Illness
Pennsylvania Governor’s Executive Diversity Council regarding Commonwealth Diversity Recruiting Initiatives with the Office of Diversity Management
Executive Reviewer, Evaluation and Demonstration Programs, National Institute of Justice, Educational Services, Inc., Bethesda, Maryland
Independent Consultant with the U.S. Department of Justice, Office for Victims of Crime, on Witness Intimidation and Diversity issues
National Internal Affairs Investigator’s Association
Member National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives (NOBLE)