- Monitoring enables independent impartial wide-ranging agency reviews.
- Monitors issue public reports concerning the progress of the police department in the managing
of their police misconduct and accountability practices/processes.
- Monitoring helps police management focus on policy development and to anticipate and
manage agency risk.
- Monitors are accountable to the public to provide a thorough and fair appraisal of the
assessed law enforcement agency.
- Monitors make the internal processes of a police agency more transparent and comprehensible
to the citizen’s the agency has sworn to serve and protect.
- Monitoring is important to the law enforcement profession and the public because