- To ensure a strong bond between police agencies and the public; agencies must be capable of conducting impartial and thorough internal affairs investigations.
- Complaint reception: How open is the agency to receiving complaints? How are complaints documented and tracked?
- Investigation: What is the capacity of the internal affairs unit to conduct complete and thorough investigations?
- Adjudication: Is the determination seen as fair and made in a timely fashion?
- Discipline: Does discipline in sustained or founded cases meet the infraction?
- Notification: Does the agency notify complainants of the outcome of the investigation?
- Education: What public outreach does the agency have in place to educate their communities on their internal affairs processes?
- Transparency Matters®, LLC is experienced in all the above.